Sunday 23 February 2014

Posted by Unknown On Sunday 23 February 2014


Have you ever wondered how KingsIsle came up with all the location names that are in Marleybone? I had always wondered the same but that changed three years ago.  

I went on a big trip to London, England right after I finished questing through Marleybone.  Now are you wondering what London, England has to do with Marleybone?  It has to do with a lot of things.  While you probably already know that Marelybone is based off of modern Britain, there are plenty of specific references to real life places and structures that you might not be aware of.  For example: Hyde Park, Chelsea Court, Kensington Park, Newgate Prison, and more that will be shown below.

During my trip I was on a tour bus and walked around a lot with a tour guide.  The tour guide would tell everyone where we were and to a great surprise I would realize, "I know that name!"  Stop after stop, over and over again, I would hear the name of a place I recognized.  Not only was I not expecting it but was shocked to think that questing through Marleybone would help me with my trip.

KingsIsle based some locations in Marleybone from an area in London, England (a district in London called Marleybone); both incredibly remarkable and beautiful places.  Here are a few pictures of, both, the areas in Marleybone in game and the actual places in London, England.


Big Ben

Big Ben is a very well known and beautiful clock tower in London.

Barkingham Palace = Buckingham Palace

Buckingham Palace is one of the main workplaces for the British monarch.

Wolfminster Abbey = Westminster Abbey

Westminster Abbey is very big church in London.  It is one of the biggest churches and considered one of the best in the United Kingdom.  In fact, it was where Prince William married the lovely Catherine Middleton on April 29th, 2011 (a month after I travelled to London).

Scotland Yard

Scotland Yard is the headquarters of the Metropolitan Police Service.  In the 2000s, it was moved to a new and improved building.



Do you have any questions or comments?  Feel free to comment below!

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share on Google Plus

1 comment:

  1. I've been there too, though I think I was in Marylebone(..?). Great post, either way :)

    ReplyDelete

Please be advised that this is a G-Rated Blog, any Profanity, Bullying and/or inappropriate language will not be tolerated and the comment will not be published :) Be Kind! :)

-AoS Team